We are characterised by our unique ethical and member reward policies.
As you would expect from an ethical organisation, we put our customers and colleagues at the centre of everything that we do.
This means that you can be sure, not only that we strive to provide the best working environment possible, but also that you have the very best support and development to help you excel in your career.
The Co-operative Banking Group is characterised by its unique ethical and member reward policies and very high levels of customer advocacy. Our values guide the everyday behaviours of our colleagues and are integral to the way we do business.
- We put our members and customers first in all we do.
- We take personal and social responsibility.
- Together we will create a great place to work, grow and develop.
- We strive relentlessly to be faster, better and more successful.
- We are open and fair and are committed to excellent communication.
Training and development
The talents and abilities of our colleagues are fundamental to our success. That is why we are committed to maximising the potential of everyone through the provision of training and learning activities and continuous development. Our commitment is illustrated by our investment last year in delivering over 20,000 days of learning.
Our approach to pay has been designed to be competitive in the external market and to allow scope for pay progression so that personal performance will be recognised.
In addition to enjoying a competitive salary in a great place to work, grow and develop, you will also benefit from an annual bonus based on business performance and your personal contribution. As an employee member of The Co-operative Group you will also qualify for the employee member dividend.
Other benefits include:
- 25 days holiday, which will increase (by 1 day per year) to 30 days after 5 years' service.
- Access to a range of discounted Co-operative employee benefits.
- Childcare vouchers and access to a free employee wellbeing programme.
- A free employee assistance programme for 24/7 advice and support on a variety of topics such as health and wellbeing, childcare, legal and finances.
- An optional, defined contribution pension scheme (you will be eligible to join after three months' employment).
- Colleague discounts.
- Personal accident insurance.
- A variety of lifestyle offers that range from discounts with leading hairdressers to cut price gig and theatre tickets.
There are few things more important than your work-life balance, so we have developed a suite of progressive policies to help you make the most of your time outside the office, while maximising your potential in it.
Our holiday scheme is market-leading and we have created visionary policies on personal leave, career breaks, volunteering and charitable work. We place a special focus on child support matters such as maternity, paternity and adoption.
We realise that special circumstances do occur, so we try to equip for these too. For instance, you may want to foster, or have IVF and fertility treatments, If so we are always here to help you.
If you are concerned about anything, be it financial, emotional or legal, we can put you in touch with a range of professional third party services through our Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) - and all in complete confidence.