Working in either one of our Co-operative Bank or Britannia branches our Assistant Branch Managers plan, develop, motivate, organise and control the activities and resources of a branch team to deliver operational objectives. They are also responsible for building effective capability in the team to ensure targets can be achieved whilst continually maintaining all quality, regulatory and procedural standards.
Reporting to the Branch Manager, they either manage a branch or assist and support the manager of medium-sized and larger branches.
Assistant Branch Managers will also typically be responsible for a team within the branch.
Key responsibilities include:
- Leading, developing, coaching and motivating branch staff.
- Developing plans and budgets and organising, controlling and monitoring the activities of the branch team.
- Developing the branch team’s understanding of wider business strategy and plans and how these relate to branch plans.
- Continually reviewing and measuring branch activities against performance targets, standards and service levels.
- Leading or overseeing recruitment activities for the branch team, including making decisions on individuals.
- Resolving escalated issues, queries and complaints and making decisions in critical high value situations and marginal risk situations.
- Making recommendations to more senior managers for business improvements.
- Carrying out all required branch team management activities, including effective implementation of performance management processes.
- Ensuring all required premises activities are undertaken effectively.
- Leading the team in the effective implementation of any change.
- Building and developing local community and business links, both geographically and with wider community and business groups.
- Analysing and reporting on the performance of the branch and the team, identifying trends, potential problems and opportunities and proposing and implementing ways in which performance can be improved.
- Maintaining knowledge of regulatory and legal requirements relevant to the role.
Click 'Search and Apply' to find out more about Branch Manager financial services jobs and related financial careers.