The Co-operative Way Store Manager Development Programme is designed for newly appointed Store Managers. Its aim is to create leaders who contribute to the transformational culture shift in the Co-operative retail business as one of the ‘Big 5’ by:
- Having a ‘laser beam’ focus on the customer.
- Driving business performance as the No. 1 priority.
- Recognising that employee engagement is key in delivering increased sales and profit.
- Using operational excellence to drive sales and profits.
- Creating effective Store Managers who are competent and confident as soon as possible.
- Creating Store Managers who achieve short and long-term increase in business performance.
It is a 26-week learning journey, which comprises of facilitator-led workshops, store experience in an Academy Store and full accountability for your own store before being appointed permanently.