As a Warehouse Operative, the words ‘typical day’ just don’t exist. Great news if you want to develop your skills, confidence and career with a retail leader. From picking, replenishing and loading stock, to the fork lift, there’s plenty of variety. So, whilst you’ll focus on one activity a day in ambient, chilled or frozen, we’ll train you to flexibly tackle new challenges too.
Team huddles and job rotations mean it’s a warehouse job where you’ll get to work with lots of different people. At The Co-operative, you’ll also be kept on your toes in terms of targets, but ultimately, we achieve them as one big team. One huge team, in fact. Our warehouses are friendly, bustling places that all run like clockwork – safely, efficiently and full of friendly people who want to do the best job possible.
Training and development
We’ll invest in your support from day one, with training and development that includes:
• A full induction for you to quickly get up to speed
• A manager always on hand if you need support
• Support to gain your fork lift licence
• Training on the technology we use to keep our warehouses running smoothly
• 1-to-1 reviews to discuss your ambitions and how you’re doing
• On-the-job mentoring from an experienced member of the team
• Realistic internal promotion with a clear career pathway
• ‘Warehouse to Wheels’ – an innovative development programme that supports people to become Drivers, if they meet the criteria, and want to.
The best people for the job
First and foremost, you need to have an eye for detail and take pride in what you do. Everyone begins with picking – it’s the staple of warehouse life! That means you’ll also need to be fairly physically active as your role is likely to involve some light lifting around the warehouse. Experience isn’t always essential, as we’ll train you – however, you will need to be able to get your head down and do your job as well independently, as you do as part of our busy team.
It’s a career that can fit around you, as we’ve full and part time jobs, and three shift options:
• 6am – 2pm (Day)
• 2pm – 10pm (Back)
• 10pm – 6am (Nights)