In a large, fast-changing and growing business – and one that is always looking to recruit and develop the very best people - Human Resources has an influential role vis-a-vis The Co-operative Group and its 100,000 people.
Job vacancies are typically available for a wide spectrum of roles within our HR department. These include HR professionals and Business Partners, as well as Pensions Officers, Employee Relations Solicitors, Project Managers and Team Leaders.
HR works within The Co-operative Head Office, covering the following vital disciplines:
Resourcing and Development
We provide specialist advice and knowledge, which supports our whole business in attracting and developing the right people – and the best people.
We are made up of three teams:
- Resourcing and Employer Brand. Looking after the way we attract, assess and select talent, we support the end-to-end recruitment process and work with partner agencies to establish The Co-operative as an employer of choice.
- Training and Development. By developing effective learning and development frameworks, we contribute to the effectiveness of the organisation by enhancing the skills, knowledge and capabilities of our people.
- Leadership Development. Our brief is to identify, assess and develop great leaders by exploring succession planning and development programmes.
Our award-winning Pensions team provides advice and looks after the management and administration of all the group’s schemes, ensuring compliance, best practice standards and a high quality service.
- Member Services and Pensioner Welfare. As well as providing advice and welfare services, we oversee projects such as flexible benefits and restructures.
- Technical Services. We look after a full range of trustee support services, including co-ordinating meetings and training. We are also responsible for governance and policy development.
- Service Delivery. Our role is to develop and maintain our pension and pension payroll systems, and to support the delivery of bespoke projects and initiatives.
Employee Engagement and Diversity
Our commitment to engaging with our people and creating a respectful, diverse and inclusive culture is total, and our brief is to support management in driving this agenda. Reporting to a Diversity Steering Group that includes members of the Executive team, the Group Board and the Group Values and Principles Committee, we have the full weight of senior management behind us. Ahead lies a professionally challenging programme of best practice initiatives and project work.
Employee Relations and Rewards
This department consists of three teams who are all working to create a great place to work. Employee Relations is mainly responsible for providing professional corporate support, including employment law advice and policy development, to HR teams throughout the business. The Reward Team looks after our pay and benefit programmes, and is briefed with identifying ways to make our package even better. Last but not least, our Corporate HR team provides a dedicated service to all Head Office Functions, advising on complex issues like employee relations and policy development and supporting the delivery of our strategic people plan.
HR People Services
Based at Head Office in Manchester this area encompasses a wide range of teams who are responsible for end-to-end HR and payroll administration ,business support, HR Project delivery and the flow of Management Information across The Co-operative’s businesses.