Our IT estate is vast, connecting 120,000 people across 4,800 trading outlet sites.
Engaging with the business at all levels, IT exists to support, develop and maintain this infrastructure, providing a quality service which helps The Co-operative to achieve its aims.
We are an evolving business, committed to on-going investment, both in technology and training. This makes for a stimulating and fast-paced culture, with job vacancies within The Co-Operative Head Office offering plenty of opportunities to develop new skills and shape your career, on either technical or commercial pathways.
Our roles are varied and include Project Managers, Business Analysts, Software Developers and Service Desk Analysts in the following teams:
Providing expertise in project management and business analysis, we provide an end-to-end service for customers throughout the Group, helping to underpin and support business strategy. Our team comprises:
- Business Management, which supports Corporate functions and businesses, as well as monitoring the quality of overall IS provision.
- Governance and Security, which ensures legal and procedural compliance as well as protecting the Group’s information assets. Change management also sits within this team.
- Group Applications has a group-wide remit.
- Service Management oversees all aspects of our 3rd party arrangements.
Retail Trading IT
Working closely with our stores, the distribution centre and central trading operation, we are tasked with developing, delivering and supporting systems which help our front-line trading operations, including Food and Healthcare, to achieve their business objectives.
Just as you would expect, we provide in-depth technical back-up to the business and our IS function. Offering specialist design, procurement, installation and support expertise for the Group’s IS infrastructure, our work covers:
- Networks (voice and data)
- Servers & Storage (Intel, Unix, Storage and Data Centres)
- Service & Delivery ( Project Management and commercial support)
- Service Desk (Procurement and service and asset management)
- Software Development