The real benefits of working here - our business and identity.
The Co-operative Group is a business, but more than this, it acts together to meet the common needs and aspirations of its members, sharing ownership and making decisions democratically.
Our values influence the products and services of each of our businesses, showing that quality and value do not have to come at the expense of honesty and social responsibility.
Co-operatives are not about making big profits for shareholders, but creating value for their members. Our top priority is to provide the best possible services for our members and to invest in the communities where they live. This gives co-operatives a unique character and influences what we stand for.
Your rewards & benefits
The contribution our employees make to the success of our business is highly valued. These are just some of the rewards and benefits we offer:
- A competitive salary
- A personal holiday entitlement of up to 31 days
- An award-winning Pension Scheme.
- Tax-and NIC-advantageous salary sacrifice schemes. (Currently Pensions & Childcare Vouchers)
- An Employee Assistance Programme, which provides expert help and advice on a wide range of issues.
Employee Member Benefits
Employees who are also members of the Group are entitled to a range of Employee Member Benefits. These benefits are as follows:
- Employee Discounts of up to 30% are available throughout our family of businesses. These include 10% from The Co-operative Food, 30% off Will writing and FREE legal advice from The Co-operative Legal Services and 25% off Home Insurance with The Co-operative General Insurance Business.
- Voluntary Benefits, which provide a host of offers and discounts on everything from fun days out and driving lessons to health spas and hotel breaks.
- For colleagues looking to rent their own home, raising the money for a deposit can often be a real stretch. This new scheme aims to help colleagues secure rented accommodation by offering an interest free loan (similar to a season ticket loan) to contribute to the cost of a rental deposit.
If you work at the Head Office complex in Manchester, there are some great facilities available to you. As well as a subsidised restaurant, you can also make use of a Sports & Social Club with its gym and aerobics studio, plus discounted theatre and show tickets.